Sl.no. Particulars Brief description
1 Date of birth June 2, 1969. 2 Academic qualification B.Tech. (1991), M.Tech. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004). 3 Experience/Positions held 19 years as Lecturer, Asstt. Professor, Project Scientist, Professor, Dean at HBTI Kanpur and Vice Chancellor, UOU, Uttarakhand and VMOU, Rajasthan. 4 Courses taught/
students guidance Taught courses both at U.G. and P.G level.
5 Ph.D. students have been awarded degree and 4 Ph.D. students are enrolled under my supervision. 5. Membership Professional/Academic/Administrative Member of various public/ private institution’s’ committees and Chairman of Expert Committee for accreditation of a few Colleges /Universities of Engineering and Technology in private sector.
- Member of Board of Management of IGNOU,
- Chairman, Technical Committee of MP Bhoj Open University,
- Member of Advisory Committee, Rajiv Gandhi Tribal University, Udaipur,
- Board Member, Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited (RKCL).
- Member, RUSA Committee, Uttarakhand.
6. Journals/Papers published and presented 11– Journals/ 36 papers published and presented in India and abroad (France, Poland, Spain, USA, Portugal, Hungary, Morocco, Korea, China, Macau, Singapore, Egypt)
Achievements accomplished at Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU) KOTA.
(From 1st Feb. 2013 to 03 August, 2015)
- Promoted nine associate professors to professor under the career advancement scheme (CAS).
- Appointed two associate professors, two regional directors, two deputy registrars, nine assistant professors in various disciplines In addition, 1 programme officer , 1 video producer, 1 video studio producer and 1 editor studio for EMPC were also appointed.
- Established university’s own Directorate of Research.
- A three tier system to address grievances of students has been implemented.
- Successfully implemented File Tracking System (FTS) for better and influential management of official work.
- Developed On-demand printing facility for study material.
- Introduced Technology based multimedia materials for ODL students
- Made functional the university studio which was closed since it was established.
- Made available ATM machine of Oriental Bank of Commerce at university Campus.
- E. mail I.D. is allotted to all the employees of the university to fasten the internal communication system of the university.
- Toll- Free number was started by the university for solving the problems of students regarding admission, exam and other information. Student Grievance cell is re-activated to make university more students centered.
- Started Web- Radio to give immediate information to students.
- Total automation and digitization of library.
- Fee collection from students for various purposes through Bank Challan has been implemented.
- Brought various improvements in exam cell such as development of question bank, restructuring the pattern of examination question papers etc.
- Visited Wawasan Open University, Penang, Malaysia and Malaysia Open University during March, 2014 to learn their practices towards quality assurance in Open and Distance Learning sponsored by Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia.
- More than dozens of seminars, workshops, orientation program and guest lectures were organized.
- Stepping towards the total inclusion developed the special study centers at Banswara and Pratapgarh for tribal students.
- Introduced Kulgeet and Kuldhwaj of VMOU, Kota
- A beautiful musical park with walking trek is being developed in front of VC secretariat.
Achievements accomplished at Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Rajasthan (Additional Charge)
(Date of joining – May16, 2015)
- Promoted twenty five teachers under the career advancement scheme (CAS).
- Implemented Digital Evaluation system
- Introduced One view system
- Implementation of Biometric system of attendance for employees
- MoU signed with TATA And EMC
- Implemented new marking scheme
Achievements accomplished at Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani
(Date of joining – 25th November 2009)
||Status as on 25th Nov.2009
|Status as on today/academic year 2012-13
||Strength of students
||Study programmes being run
|134 study programmes are being run as under:-
1. Ph.D. programmes in 14 disciplines approved by DEC.
2. M.Ed.( 250 seats per year) approved by NCTE
3. Masters in 33 disciplines
4. P.G. Diploma in 15 programmes
5. Bachelors in 10 programmes
6. Diploma in 20 programmes (job oriented)
7. Certificate in 38 programmes(job oriented)
8. Preparatory for Bachelors Degree in 3 programmes
||Strength of staff
20 casual workers
19 Assistant Professors
10 Adm./Tech. Officers
30 (around) Academic/Adm. consultants/scientists
(Under DEC grant).
120 workers on outsource, contract/casual basis
||Schools under UOU
||Established 9 Schools with more than 30 disciplines
||Established 8 Regional Centers and one more campus at Dehradun
||412 in the whole Uttarakhand state spread over in remote hill and rural areas also.
||More than 20 with educational and industrial organizations of repute such as – M/S TATA MOTORS, M/S Ashok Leyland, IKC, HILTRON, COL, and 412 study centers
||Conferences/Seminars/Workshops/ Camps organized
||Organized more than 200 Conferences/Workshops/Seminars/Symposia/
Camps at University/State/National and International level
|3 with strength of around 500 students each year (2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09)
||5 with strength of 500 to 22,000 during the academic years 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12.
||No. of students passed out
||Land acquirement and building construction for university’s own campus
||University was functioning in a hired Hall placed on fourth floor of a private building occupied by SBI.
- Managed an independent hired building for efficient functioning of university.
- One additional independent building was again hired for Examination Department.
- With rigorous efforts, approval of GOI was obtained in April 2011 for transfer of 10 hectare forest land to University near Transport Nagar, Haldwani.
- Construction of first phase of the proposed five stories building of university’s own campus has completed and now the university is functioning from its own building since August 2012.
||Recognition, Awards and self evaluation efforts
- The progress of UOU was highly commended in the International Conference of Vice Chancellors held at Mysore from 21-23rd Sept. 2011. Consequently the UOU has been connected with international network of World Open Universities.
- Prof. Vinay Kumar Pathak was conferred the Global e-learning Award for his Outstanding Contribution to Education, in the World Education Congress during the Learn Tech 2012 International Conference held on 29th &30th June, 2012 in Mumbai.
- Efforts for Quality Education by adopting regular and systematic self evaluation system as per the guidelines of Common Wealth of Learning (COL) Canada (an international organization of repute) have been made.
||Placement of pass outs
||More than 600 High School/Inter pass youth of Uttarakhand have been trained and more than 400 have got placement within last one and half years.
- Two precious books viz.(1) उत्तराखण्ड का राजनैतिक इतिहास authored by Prof. Ajay Singh Rawat (2) हिमालयन हैरिेटेज authored by Prof. Pushpesh Pant were published by the University.
- The University Quarterly News Letter entitled- UDAN was started and being brought about regularly.
- Introduced University LOGO & MOTTOO sentence vision & university song.
(Prof. Vinay Kumar Pathak)